The end of summer heat and humidity rises. a few more margaritas and s'mores around the fire happen. Days at the lake house wearing sunscreen and not much else on the face happens. Getting out of our usual rituals of self care can leave our face asking us "WHY DID YOU FORGET ABOUT ME??"
However, here is the thing. No ritual is meant to be the same every time. That would be a routine. A ritual is a practice you embrace that makes you feel beauty, power and love throughout. It can be simple, or more in depth. But listening to what you need right at this moment instead of what worked in the past, is the phantom element of a glowing and progressing complexion. Visit your lovely friend, your face, right now and love her. Care for her, and incorporate meaningful and wonderful elements to nourish your lovely face again.
So instead of stressing and beating yourself up over the wonderful gifts of summer, I give you the trouble shooting options to keep your skin clear, even and restored. (Go ahead, finish that s'more!)
Problem #1: Skin is breaking out! (The face, and the back:()
This can be so common, especially if you actively work out in the summer heat. Humidity, sweat, dirt, and over production of sebum are common right now. Areas that you may experience more breakouts then normal are around the temples, jawline, the decollette, and the back.
Cleanse. I know it seems like a no brainer, but I cannot tell you how many people forget or skip this really important step.
My picks for the best cleansers for preventing and clearing up breakouts are:
1. Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm
2. Omorovicza Hydra Melting Cleanser
3. Omorovicza Cleansing Foam
4. Oille Watermelon + Sea Salt Cleansing Milk
The next important ritual to incorporate is proper exfoliation. Summer skin can have an excessive amount of dead skin cells accumulating because of being outside in the elements.
We want that skin to breath and cell turnover to happen to reveal a clear and glowing complexion. Another benefit, is it will help minimize fine and deep lines, and overall, help with evenness of the entire complexion! Choose one! My picks for exfoliation are:
Omorovicza Refining Face Polisher.
The Refining Face Polisher deeply purges and purifies with Hungarian Moor Mud and Copper Gluconate to kill bacteria within current and developing acne and blackheads while preventing further ones from happening. Micro- Algea improves radiance, and The soothing blend of Lactobionic and Exotic Fruit acids refine without irritating skin. Pulverized Lava Stone sloughs off dead skin cells and accelerates cell turnover. This power player should be used on the face, back and decollette as a mask twice a week, or every other day if the breakouts are a little more unruly for optimal results.
After cleansing your face, back and decollette, apply the Refining Face Polisher as a mask and let it sit on the skin for 10-15 minutes. If there are not any areas of broken skin, you can gently massage into the skin using circular motions. Rinse completely. DO NOT SCRUB like your life depends on it! I know this is the natural inclination to buff away the bumps and breakouts, but this can make it worse. If you feel you have no self control with scrubbing here is another option...
Omorovicza Blue Diamond Peel.
This Peel is super gentle and does not have any grit within in. This peel is quick. You leave it on for 5-10 min., rinse and you are done. This uses Diamond Peptides to promote DNA repair and oxygenation to each cell. There is also a blend of amino acids and a copper compound, (I LOVE COPPER!) and a blend of Lactobionic Acid, Tropical Fruit Acids, and Keratolytic Acids to exfoliate.
Keeping skin balanced is so important. A lot of times, many clients think that if they dry their skin out, this will make the breakouts clear up.
The opposite happens. Your skin can get into freak out mode, because it is lacking moisture, and will actually produce more oil and sebum!
Next up. The mask. Using a detoxing mask following right after an exfoliation will totally amp up and magnify your results of clarity and balance. Choose one! My picks are:
1. African Botanics Mineral Cleansing Mask
2. Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm
3. Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask
Each of these masks will hydrate, detox, and make your complexion clearer and re-balanced.
My clients who followed with one of these masks after exfoliation truly saw faster and better results.
Lastly, choose an essence, serum or moisturizer. This will progress your complexion and continue to keep inflammation and dryness at bay. Choose one! My picks are:
1. Omorovicza Omoressence (For really oily or acne prone skin hydrator, or for all skin types who want a boost of brightness and line filling , thanks to those amino acids!).
2. Omorovicza Blue Diamond Concentrate (This oxygenates from cell to cell to keep skin clear, and is the most antiaging serum available on the market).
3. Omorovicza Elemental Emulsion (This is the universal amazing hydrator and skin calmer that all skin types benefit from. It also firms, and plumps up lines).
4. African Botanics Neroli Infused Marula Oil (This super lightweight oil is great on all skin types and fights breakouts with Neroli, and really fights sun damage and prevents with Marula. It is amazing pre and post day in the sunshine.).
5. Oille Anitaging Intelligence Raspberry +Goji Berry serum ( Talk about super foods that will feed your skin! The raspberry seed oil protects against free radicals and acts as a natual UVA sunscreen, and the Goji Berry will help to brighten and fill fine lines.
As always, I am here to equip you and answer all and any questions!
Cheers to no more breakouts!